What you can apply for

We have payments you can apply for if you’re a grandparent or non parent carer.

Use our Payment and Service Finder to see if you can get a payment.

If you’re eligible for a payment, you can apply using your Centrelink online account through myGov.

Register for an online account if you don’t already have one.

When you apply you’ll need to give us documents to support your claim, including:

  • formal agreements such as court orders or care arrangements for each child
  • dates, times and documents that show a child is in your care, such as school attendance and health records.

You can also find other government and community services using Service Finder.

Page last updated: 16 November 2018