What other help is available
We have a range of other services, tools and information to help you manage your payment or get extra support.
- managing your Family Tax Benefit and details online
- more payments for families
- tips about how to manage your money
- paying your bills with Centrepay
- information about support for grandparent carers and support for non parent carers
- information about advance payments
- information about support services for separated parents.
This also includes:
- finding out what payments and services you might be eligible for
- information about someone dealing with us on your behalf
- information about owing us money
- information about reviews and appeals.
You can use our free and voluntary service to pay bills as regular deductions from your Centrelink payments.
Extra assistance is available if you’re a grandparent caring for your grandchildren.
You may get part of your income support payment or Family Tax Benefit (Part A) early. This is an advance payment. You pay it back later out of your payments from us.
We provide separated parents support and information to help with their family situation.
An online tool to see what payments and services you may be eligible for.
You can have an authorised representative to deal with us on your behalf. You can authorise them to enquire, update, act or get payments for you.
Page last updated: 24 September 2020
This information was printed 28 July 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/family-tax-benefit/what-other-help-available. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.