We may ask you for some evidence so you can get the payment.

You must give us:

  • proof of your medical equipment needs from a medical practitioner
  • proof that you or the person you care for pays the energy running costs.

We may ask you to give us evidence to show that:

  • you qualify for assistance from a state or territory government scheme
  • the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, through the Rehabilitation Appliances Program, supplied the medical equipment.

Page last updated: 23 October 2019