Check on your business when you’re self employed
You can do occasional tasks to check on your business or to ensure it stays operational. You can do this without losing your entitlement to Dad and Partner Pay.
This is only when you need to while you’re on leave.
For example, you could do any of the following:
- pay an account
- check on the delivery of an order
- approve the business accounts
- deal with ad hoc disputes
- organise a repair
- organise replacement staff to manage your absence
- maintain a basic level of contact with clients
- keep your professional skills up to date.
You can’t do either of the following during your Dad and Partner Pay period:
- actively run your business
- maintain the daily operations of your business.
If you do either of these during your Dad and Partner Pay period, it will stop. We’ll also consider you as having worked.
Page last updated: 7 December 2020
This information was printed 29 July 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/dad-and-partner-pay/how-your-payments-are-impacted/check-your-business-when-youre-self-employed. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.