Who can get it

To get this one-off Crisis Payment you must have entered Australia on a certain visa subclass.

You must be in severe financial hardship and have entered Australia on 1 of these visa subclasses:

  • 200 - Refugee
  • 201 - In-country special humanitarian
  • 202 - Global special humanitarian (special humanitarian programme)
  • 203 - Emergency rescue
  • 204 - Woman at risk.

To get this payment you must contact us within 7 days of entering Australia.

We consider you to have made contact if you do 1 of these to get a payment or concession card:

  • begin a claim using your Centrelink online account
  • call us on your regular payment line
  • visit a service centre.

After contacting us, you must submit your claim within 14 days. You must be in Australia when you submit your claim.

You can’t get this payment if you’re an Australian citizen.

Page last updated: 27 July 2020