Who can get it
You must meet eligibility rules to get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment. You can get it even if you’re eligible on only 1 day of the relevant lockdown period.
To get it you must meet all of the following:
- you're an Australian resident or hold an eligible working visa
- you're 17 years or older
- you don’t get an income support payment, the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a state or territory pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you live or work in a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot
- you had paid employment and because of the lockdown you can’t attend work on or after day 8 of lockdown
- you’ve lost income on or after day 8 of lockdown and don’t have any appropriate paid leave entitlements
- you have liquid assets of less than $10,000.
Liquid assets are any funds readily available to you in cash or savings, or assets that can easily be changed into cash quickly. For example, money loaned to other people.
If you’re a member of a couple, you can both claim this payment. You and your partner will need to make separate claims.
We pay the COVID-19 Disaster Payment to you for each relevant period of lockdown in your area.
Page last updated: 10 June 2021
This information was printed 8 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.