How to claim

Complete the following steps to claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment.

If you’re an Australian resident

Australian residents need to claim online.

To claim online you need a myGov account linked to a Centrelink online account. If you don’t have a myGov account, you can create one.

If your myGov account isn’t linked to Centrelink, you can prove who you are through myGov to link to Centrelink.

Watch our video on how to claim online.

If you’re an eligible working visa holder

Eligible working visa holders need to call us on 180 22 66 where we can take your claim.

Phone lines are open Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm.

You can call our Multilingual Phone Service on 131 202 to talk to us in your language.

Next: What other services are available

Find out about other payments and services during coronavirus (COVID-19).

Page last updated: 10 June 2021