Who can get it
You must meet all eligibility rules to get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment - Victoria.
To get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment, you need to meet all eligibility rules that apply.
This includes all of these rules:
- you get an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- you’re 17 years or older
- you’re not getting the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, Dad and Partner Pay, Parental Leave Pay, a state pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you were unable to work and earn your usual income of 8 hours or more or a full day’s work because of the lockdown in Victoria
- you don’t have any pandemic-related paid leave entitlements
- you reported employment income to us at least once on or after 12 June 2021 or had declared ongoing employment income on or after 12 June 2021
- you’re not getting your usual income and your employer is not getting Retaining Domestic Airline Capability payments on your behalf
- you lived or worked in or visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot in Victoria that is subject to a restricted movement order.
You meet the requirement of living or working in a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot if both of these apply:
- you live or work in an area which isn’t locked down
- you can’t work because you’re unable to cross into or out of the lockdown area.
You don’t have to take annual leave before you can get this payment. If you choose to take annual leave and it doesn’t cover all the hours of work you’ve lost, you can still get the payment.
Lockdown is a period of restricted movement when people must stay at home and can only leave for approved reasons.
A hotspot is an area of COVID-19 local transmission declared by the Chief Medical Officer. The Department of Health website lists the current hotspots.
A full day of your usual work is what you were scheduled to work but could not because of a restricted movement order. This includes not being able to attend a full time, part time or casual shift of less than 8 hours.
You must use any pandemic-related paid leave you have before you can get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment. This doesn’t include annual leave.
There may be different locations where COVID-19 lockdowns, hotspots or movement restrictions apply in Victoria. There are also different payment periods.
Page last updated: 8 September 2021
This information was printed 17 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-victoria-if-you-get-centrelink-or-dva-payment/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.