What the locations are
There may be different locations where COVID-19 lockdowns, hotspots or movement restrictions apply in Victoria. There are also different payment periods.
Recognised Victoria locations
These are the recognised Victoria COVID-19 locations:
- Greater Melbourne June 2021 from 4 June 2021, claims have closed for this event
- Victoria July 2021 from 16 July 2021, claims have closed for this event
- Greater Melbourne September 2021 from 6 August 2021
- All other areas of Victoria August 2021 from 6 August 2021.
The location that applies to you depends which Local Government Area (LGA) you live in, work from or visited. You can check which LGA applies to you on the Victorian Government website.
You may also be eligible if both apply:
- you visited one or more of the locations during the relevant periods
- you were then subject to a restricted movement order.
Claims for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment lockdown for Greater Melbourne in June 2021 closed on 2 July 2021.
Claims for the July 2021 COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria closed on 19 August 2021.
If you lost work or income during the COVID-19 restrictions in Greater Melbourne and Shepparton from 6 August 2021, you may be eligible for COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
Page last updated: 24 September 2021
This information was printed 27 November 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-victoria-if-you-dont-get-centrelink-or-dva-payment/what-locations-are. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.