Who can get it
You must meet all eligibility rules to get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment - Queensland (Qld).
To get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment, you need to meet all eligibility rules that apply.
This includes all of these rules:
- you get an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- you're 17 years or older
- you're not getting the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, Dad and Partner Pay, Parental Leave Pay, a state pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you couldn’t work and earn your usual income of 8 hours or more or a full day’s work because you were in the COVID-19 hotspot and are subject to restricted movement order
- you don’t have any pandemic-related paid leave entitlements
- you reported employment income to us at least once on or after 7 June 2021 or had declared ongoing employment income on or after 7 June 2021
- you’re not getting your usual income and your employer is not getting Retaining Domestic Airline Capability payments on your behalf
- you lived or worked in or visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot in Qld that is subject to a restricted movement order.
You meet the requirement of living or working in a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot and may be eligible for the payment if both of these apply:
- you live or work in an area which isn’t locked down
- you can’t work because you’re unable to cross into or out of the lockdown area.
Lockdown is a period of restricted movement when people must stay at home and can only leave for approved reasons.
A hotspot is an area of COVID-19 local transmission declared by the Chief Medical Officer. The Department of Health website lists the current hotspots.
A full day of your usual work is what you were scheduled to work but could not because of a restricted movement order. This includes not being able to attend a full time, part time or casual shift of less than 8 hours.
You must use any pandemic-related paid leave you have before you can get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment. This doesn’t include annual leave.
There are no current locations where COVID-19 lockdowns, hotspots or movement restrictions apply in Queensland.
Page last updated: 3 September 2021
This information was printed 10 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-queensland-if-you-get-centrelink-or-dva-payment/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.