Who can get it
You must meet all eligibility rules to get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment - Queensland (Qld).
If you’re a sole trader, you should check to see if you’re eligible for your state’s COVID-19 business support payment first.
You can only get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment or a state business support payment per relevant period, not both. You need to decide which payment is best for you.
To get the payment, you need to meet all eligibility rules that apply.
This includes all of these rules:
- you're an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- you're 17 years or older
- you didn't get an income support payment, Dad and Partner Pay, Parental Leave Pay or ABSTUDY Living Allowance during the same period
- you didn't get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a state pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you lost income and didn’t have any pandemic-related paid leave entitlements
- you couldn't earn your usual income of 8 hours or more, or a full day’s work because you were in the COVID-19 hotspot and were subject to restricted movement order
- you’re not getting your usual income and your employer is not getting Retaining Domestic Airline Capability payments on your behalf
- you lived or worked in or visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot in Qld that is subject to a restricted movement order.
You meet the requirement of living or working in a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot if both of these apply:
- you live or work in an area which isn’t locked down
- you can’t work because you’re unable to cross into or out of the lockdown area.
You can check your visa details and conditions, including your right to work in Australia, using the Department of Home Affairs VEVO system.
You must also meet any rules for the COVID-19 health order that affected you. These may be different, depending on the circumstances for each location or movement restriction.
Recognised events are COVID-19 lockdowns, hotspots or periods of restricted movement.
A hotspot is an area of COVID-19 local transmission declared by the Chief Medical Officer. The Department of Health website lists the current hotspots.
Lockdown is a period of restricted movement when people must stay at home and can only leave for approved reasons.
A full day of your usual work is what you were scheduled to work but could not because of a restricted movement order. This includes not being able to attend a full time, part time or casual shift of less than 8 hours.
You usually need to be an Australian resident to get a payment from us. We explain how we define an Australian resident.
There are no current locations where COVID-19 lockdowns, hotspots or movement restrictions apply in Queensland.
Page last updated: 27 September 2021
This information was printed 7 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-queensland-if-you-dont-get-centrelink-or-dva-payment/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.