Who can get it
You must meet all eligibility rules to get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment - New South Wales (NSW).
To get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment, you need to meet all eligibility rules that apply.
This includes all of these rules:
- you’re getting an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- you’re 17 years or older
- you’re not getting the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, Dad and Partner Pay, Parental Leave Pay for the same period
- you’re not getting a state or territory pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you’ve lost hours of work and income due to a lockdown in your state and don’t have any pandemic-related paid leave entitlements
- you reported employment income to us at least once on or after 29 April 2021 or had ongoing employment income on or after 29 April 2021
- you’re not getting your usual income and your employer is not getting Retaining Domestic Airline Capability payments on your behalf
- you lived or worked in or visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot in NSW that is subject to a restricted movement order.
You meet the requirement of living or working in a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot if both of these apply:
- you live or work in an area which isn’t locked down
- you can’t work because you’re unable to cross into or out of the lockdown area.
Restricted movement is a period when either:
- people must stay at home and can only leave for approved reasons
- there are restrictions on the number of people who can gather in a workplace including a business.
A hotspot is an area of COVID-19 local transmission declared by the Chief Medical Officer. The Department of Health website lists the current hotspots.
You must use any pandemic-related paid leave you have before you can get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment. This doesn’t include annual leave.
The COVID-19 Disaster Payment is $200 each week if you get an eligible income support payment. You’ll get this amount on top of your regular payment.
Page last updated: 14 September 2021
This information was printed 16 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-new-south-wales-if-you-get-centrelink-or-dva-payment/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.