Income support payments
You may be eligible to claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment if you get an income support or other eligible payment from Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).
You must also meet other eligibility rules to claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
Eligible Centrelink income support payments include all of the following:
- Age Pension, you may get this if you’re 66 and 6 months, or older
- Austudy, you may get this if you’re 25 or older and studying or an Australian Apprentice
- Carer Payment, you may get this if you care for someone who has a severe disability, or illness, or is frail aged
- Disability Support Pension, you may get this if you have a permanent physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that stops you working
- JobSeeker Payment, you may get this if you’re between 22 and Age Pension age and looking for work
- Parenting Payment, you may get this if you’re the main carer of a young child
- Special Benefit, you may get this if you’re not eligible for any other income support from us
- Partner Allowance and Widow Allowance, which are now closed to new claims.
You may also be eligible if you get one of the following:
- Farm Household Allowance, you may get this if you’re a farming family in financial hardship
- Youth Allowance, you may get this if you’re 24 or younger and a student or Australian Apprentice, or 21 or younger and looking for work.
ABSTUDY Living Allowance, you may get this if you’re an eligible student or Australian Apprentice.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) payments
Eligible DVA income support payments include all of the following:
- Income Support Supplement, you may get this if you’re an Australian war widow
- Service Pension, you may get this if you or your partner have qualifying service
- Veteran Payment, you may get this while you’re waiting for a decision from DVA on your claim for a mental health condition
- Education Allowance, you or your child may get this if they’re eligible for assistance under the DVA Education Schemes.
Read about these payments and other financial support on the DVA website.
If you get other DVA payments
You don’t need to tell us if you get the following DVA payments, if you claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment:
- Veteran Supplement
- Disability Pension.
Page last updated: 19 October 2021
This information was printed 25 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-australian-capital-territory-if-you-get-centrelink-or-dva-payment/who-can-get-it/income-support-payments. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.