We want to make sure Centrepay is working in the best way for you.
What we do
- provide you and businesses with access to use Centrepay
- provide and maintain the policy and terms for how Centrepay works and how it’s used by you and businesses
- decide which businesses can use Centrepay for its customers.
We use a strict agreement process. We only allow businesses who agree to act according to the Centrepay policy and terms to use Centrepay. Read the Centrepay policy, terms and guides for businesses.
Protecting your consumer rights
We work closely with organisations who are responsible for protecting your consumer rights.
If you have concerns about the quality of goods and services you get using Centrepay, let us know. We’ll investigate your concern or complaint and refer it to either the:
- relevant regulatory body
- consumer help organisation.
Making sure businesses use Centrepay the right way
We make sure businesses we’ve approved for Centrepay are doing the right thing. We:
- do checks and reviews on businesses
- act if we find out a business is not using Centrepay the right way
- follow up any of your complaints or feedback about Centrepay.
We’re committed to improving Centrepay. If you have any suggestions let us know. We welcome your feedback.
What we don’t do
We aren’t responsible for the goods or services that a business provides to you.
We also don’t in any way endorse the business or its goods and services.
Page last updated: 22 January 2019
This information was printed 11 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/centrepay/how-manage-it/our-obligations. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.