When we review

If you have a compensation claim and get money from us, we may need to review your Centrelink payments.

If you get or claim a payment from us, and you get or will get compensation, you need to tell us.

If you get a payment from us

If you get any income support from us, you need to complete the Compensation and damages form if any of these apply:

  • the compensation payer has paid you
  • you're in the process of claiming
  • you plan to make a compensation claim.

Your Compensation and damages form will apply to these:

  • a work related injury or illness
  • any car accident
  • a slip or trip at work
  • sickness or accident policy payments
  • workers compensation.

If you can’t print the form, go to a service centre and ask for the Compensation and damages form.

If you claim a payment from us

When you make any new claims for income support, you also need to give us your Compensation and damages form. You’ll also have to give us any other documents we ask for, such as:

  • evidence from insurers
  • copies of policies.

You can do this online, by post or at a service centre.

If you disagree with a decision

You have the right to ask us to review any decision we make.

Next: What other help is available

You have access to other information that may help you manage your payment or get extra support.

Page last updated: 17 December 2020