How to apply
You need to complete a form to apply for a Carer Adjustment Payment.
Get ready ready to apply
- check if you’re eligible
- make sure it’s less than 2 years since the date of diagnosis of the child’s condition
- print and fill in the Carer Adjustment Payment claim form.
If you don’t have access to a printer, you can either:
Get your documents ready
As you fill out your claim form, we may ask you to give us documents to support your claim. For example, it may ask for:
- medical reports
- bank statements
- tax returns
- letters from your employer
- proof of need for financial help.
These will help us assess your claim, including original documents to prove your identity.
Submit your claim
Submit your form and documents using 1 of the following ways:
- online, using your Centrelink online account through myGov
- by post - the address is on the form
- at a service centre.
Wait for the result
A senior officer in the Department of Social Services will decide if you can get this payment.
We’ll tell you in writing both:
- if you can get it
- how much you’ll get.
If you don’t agree with the decision you can ask us to review it.
Page last updated: 16 February 2021
This information was printed 18 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/carer-adjustment-payment/how-apply. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.