2017 Past overseas incidents claims
The primary and secondary victim claiming period for these events has now closed, unless special circumstances apply.
This includes the following terrorist attacks;
- September 2001 Istanbul, Turkey bombing
- March 2002 Islamabad, Pakistan attack
- March 2003 Khormal, Iraq bombing
- May 2003 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia bombings
- July 2003 Baghdad, Iraq arms assault
- August 2003 Jakarta, Indonesia bombing
- August 2003 Baghdad, Iraq bombing
- November 2003 Istanbul, Turkey bombing
- February 2004 Thaloqan near Kandahar, Afghanistan arms assault
- May 2004 Yanbu’ al Bahr, Saudi Arabia arms assault
- May 2004 Al-Khubar, Saudi Arabia armed assault
- October 2005 Delhi, India bombings
- September 2006 Gardez, Paktia Province, Afghanistan bombing
- April 2008 Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan arms assault
- December 2010 Varanasi, India bombing
- August 2011 Quetta, Pakistan bombing
- December 2011 - March 2013 Mindanao, Philippines kidnapping
- August 2013 Tripoli, Lebanon bombings
- September 2014 Kabul, Afghanistan kidnapping
- March 2015 Tunis, Tunisia arms assault
- March 2017 London attack.
Please call the Australian Victim of Terrorism Overseas Hotline to discuss your special circumstances.
If you’re in Australia, call on 1800 040 226. The hotline operates Monday to Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm Australian local time.
If you are outside Australia, call +61 3 9250 5159.
Page last updated: 6 April 2020
This information was printed 4 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/australian-victim-terrorism-overseas-payment/how-claim/2017-past-overseas-incidents-claims. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.