Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes that could reduce your Age Pension payment.

What to tell us

You must tell us if any of the following happens:

  • your address changes
  • your income or assets change
  • your partner’s income or assets change
  • you stop living with your partner
  • your partner dies
  • you marry or start living with your partner
  • you're leaving the country temporarily or to live somewhere else.

You have 14 days to tell us about the changes. If you don’t do this, we may pay you too much and you’ll probably have to pay the money back.

If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.

How to tell us

You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:

Read more about what you can do using self service.

If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the older Australians line.

Page last updated: 12 March 2020