Tertiary students and Australian Apprentices
We have payments for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are full time tertiary students or Australian Apprentices.
If you’re a full time tertiary student or Australian Apprentice and are eligible for ABSTUDY, we have the following payments:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance, help with living costs while studying or training
- ABSTUDY Incidentals Allowance, help with the cost of starting or continuing study or training
- Additional Incidentals Allowance, help if you’re a tertiary, masters or doctorate student and have high essential course costs
- Additional Assistance, help if you get Living Allowance and have severe financial difficulties
- ABSTUDY Fares Allowance, help with travel costs between home and study location if you need to live away from home.
Depending on your circumstances, if you get ABSTUDY Living Allowance, you may also get other payments such as:
If you need to be away from home or your study location, you may get ABSTUDY Away from Base Assistance.
You may get more than one ABSTUDY payment at a time. Depending on your situation you may only have to apply once.
If you’re from an outer regional or remote area of Australia, you may be eligible for the Tertiary Access Payment. You don’t need to be getting an ABSTUDY payment to be eligible.
Page last updated: 13 April 2021
This information was printed 15 April 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/abstudy/tertiary-students-and-australian-apprentices. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.