Masters and Doctorate students
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are studying a master’s or doctorate may get ABSTUDY payments.
If you’re a master’s or doctorate student eligible for ABSTUDY, we have the following payments:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance, help with living costs while studying or training
- ABSTUDY Incidentals Allowance, help with the cost of starting or continuing study or training
- ABSTUDY Fares Allowance, help with travel costs between home and study location if you need to live away from home
- Additional Incidentals Allowance, help if you’re a tertiary, masters or doctorate student and have high essential course costs
- Additional Assistance, help if you get Living Allowance and have severe financial difficulties.
Depending on your situation, if you get another payment from us, you may also get other payments such as:
- Assistance with ABSTUDY masters and doctorate compulsory course fees
- ABSTUDY Relocation Allowance
- ABSTUDY Thesis Allowance
- Rent Assistance
- Student Start up Loan
- Relocation Scholarship
- Remote Area Allowance.
You may get more than 1 ABSTUDY payment at a time. Depending on your situation you may only have to apply once.
Page last updated: 20 January 2021
This information was printed 29 July 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/abstudy/masters-and-doctorate-students. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.