What it's for
ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance at home rate helps with general services and facilities fees, tuition fees and school subject fees.
It helps with subject fees such as:
- sports, if sport is a subject and your school charges a subject fee.
It also helps with fees for items such as:
- school magazines
- locker hire
- laptop and tablet hire
- book hire
What it isn’t for
The Allowance isn’t for any of the following items:
- stationery, laptops or tablets purchase
- school, sports or special clothing, such as aprons for Home Economics or Art
- incidental expenses, such as purchases from the school shop
- laundry fees or for buying linen
- fees for a Parents’ and Citizens’ Association or similar organisation
- payments to school building funds
- insurance for school activities.
Page last updated: 26 June 2020
This information was printed 7 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/abstudy-school-fees-allowance/abstudy-school-fees-allowance-home-rate/what-its. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.