ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance
Helps with the cost of school fees for ABSTUDY students and their families.
What it’s for
ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance helps with general services and facilities fees, tuition fees and school subject fees including:
- sports, if sport is a subject and your school charges a subject fee.
It also helps with fees for items such as:
- school magazines
- locker hire
- laptop and tablet hire
- book hire
What it isn’t for
ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance isn’t for any of the following items:
- stationery, laptops or tablets
- school, sports or special clothing, such as aprons for Home Economics or Art
- incidental expenses, such as purchases from the school shop
- laundry fees or for buying linen
- fees for a Parents’ and Citizens’ Association or similar organisation
- payments to school building funds
- insurance for school activities.
Page last updated: 15 November 2019
This information was printed 25 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/abstudy-school-fees-allowance. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.