What you need to know

We may be able to help you with the costs of a Home Care Package or residential aged care. To do this we need your financial details.

We use your financial details to assess:

  • if you have to pay a means tested fee towards the cost of your care
  • what this fee will be.

You don’t have to give us your details, but if you don’t we can’t complete an assessment. You may need to pay the maximum fees for aged care, until you reach the annual or lifetime caps.

The financial details we need depend on the type of care you get. If you get a Home Care Package, we only need your income details. If you’re seeking residential aged care, we need your income and assets details.

Find out if you need to give us your details and how to get help for:

Next: How to get help with the cost of a Home Care Package

We assess your income to work out how much you need to pay for a Home Care Package. We don’t include the value of your home in your assessment.

Page last updated: 13 November 2020