You can manage your Flexible Paid Parental Leave days online
14 September 2020
If your child’s birth or adoption is on or after 1 July 2020, you’ll get Flexible Paid Parental Leave days.
If you’re eligible, your Parental Leave Pay will include both:
- a continuous Paid Parental Leave period of up to 12 weeks, which is 60 payable days
- 30 Flexible Paid Parental Leave days.
You can claim Flexible Paid Parental Leave days either by:
- connecting them to your Paid Parental Leave period, so you can still get your payment as a single continuous block
- claiming them at a later time when it suits you.
This means you can claim them both:
- after you’ve returned to work
- up to 2 years after your child’s birth or adoption.
You can also choose to give some, or all of your Flexible Paid Parental Leave days to another person.
You must get your Paid Parental Leave period as a single block. We can only pay it before you return to work and within 1 year of your child’s birth or adoption.
You can use your Centrelink online account through myGov to manage your Flexible Paid Parental Leave days. Log on then select My Family, Paid Parental Leave, and then Paid Parental Leave circumstances.
Read more news for families.
From 4 August 2020, you’ll need to start meeting your mutual obligation requirements.
On 1 July 2020, our income and assets tests for Age Pension will increase.
Page last updated: 14 September 2020
This information was printed 18 September 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/you-can-manage-your-flexible-paid-parental-leave-days-online. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.