We’re paying more Economic Support Payments

12 November 2020

If you’re eligible, we’ll pay you $250 during December.

The Economic Support Payment is an extra payment to support people impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19).

You’ll get the payment during December 2020 if you’re:

You don’t need to claim the payment, we’ll pay you automatically.

You won’t get the Economic Support Payment if you’re getting the Coronavirus Supplement.

If you have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card, make sure we have your bank account details. This is so we can pay you.

Read more about how to update your bank account details through your Centrelink Online Account.

If you claim Family Tax Benefit (FTB) as a lump sum, you’ll get your Economic Support Payment with your lump sum claim. If you’re eligible for this Economic Support Payment, you’ll get it once you’ve done both the following:

  • you’ve claimed FTB as a lump sum for the 2020-21 financial year
  • you and your partner have confirmed your income for the 2020-21 financial year, which you can do from July 2021.

The Economic Support Payment is non-taxable and doesn’t count as income.

When you’ll see it in your bank account

The exact date will be different for everyone. It may not be the same as your regular payment date.

You should see it in your bank account next month.

You may see it in your online account up to 48 hours before it appears in your bank account.

2021 Economic Support Payment

If you’re eligible, you’ll get another $250 payment during March 2021.

You need to be getting an eligible payment or concession card on 26 February 2021 to get the $250 payment during March.

Next steps

You can read about:

Page last updated: 13 November 2020