We’re paying an Economic Support Payment in March

9 February 2021

If you’re eligible, you’ll get a $250 payment in March 2021.

The Economic Support Payment is an extra payment to support people impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19).

You’ll get the payment from early March if you’re:

You don’t need to claim the payment, we’ll pay you automatically.

You won’t get it if you’re getting the Coronavirus Supplement.

If you have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card, make sure we have your bank account details. This is so we can pay you.

Read more about how to update your bank account details through your Centrelink Online Account.

If you claim Family Tax Benefit (FTB) as a lump sum, you’ll get your Economic Support Payment with your lump sum. If you’re eligible for the Economic Support Payments we paid this year, you’ll get these once you’ve both:

  • claimed FTB for 2020-21
  • confirmed your income, which you can do from July 2021 onwards.

The Economic Support Payment is non-taxable and doesn’t count as income.

Next steps

You can read more about our services during coronavirus if you get a payment from us.

Page last updated: 9 February 2021