Update your study details online

23 December 2019

Made changes to your study? Jump online and update your study details.

news item

If you’re getting or claiming a student payment, you need to tell us when you make changes to your study.

We need to know if you drop a subject, change providers, change course or stop studying altogether.

It’s important you let us know about any study changes within 14 days. This way we can continue to pay you the right amount. If you don’t, you may end up owing money that you’ll need to pay back.

You can update your study details online using either:

Open the app and log into your account. Select Profile at the bottom of the screen, then study details.

If you prefer to do your business with us using myGov, go to the menu in your Centrelink online account. Select my details. Then choose personal and contact details and manage study details.

You can use the app or your Centrelink online account to update us with other changes too. This includes if you move house, change banks, start or stop living with a partner or start or stop working.

Did you know, even if you don’t have your uni offer yet, you can still claim a student payment? When you find out what you’ll be studying, you can go online and update your study details.

You may be able to get a student payment if you’re studying at university, TAFE or doing an apprenticeship.

If you’re studying next year you can apply for:

How to ask us a question

You can save time by asking questions at Student Update on  Facebook or  Twitter. Remember, you shouldn’t share your personal details when you contact us in a public space like social media.

Read more news for students and trainees. Don’t forget to subscribe so we can send you regular news highlights.

Page last updated: 23 December 2019