Payments for older Australians who can’t get Age Pension

15 May 2020

There’s other help available if you can’t get Age Pension due to your income or assets.

If you’re Age Pension age or older and can’t get Age Pension, you may be able to get other help.

You can’t get JobSeeker Payment but we’ve made some changes to help you get other payments.

Use our Payment and Service Finder online tool to see what you may be able to get. This could include Parenting Payment, Austudy, ABSTUDY, Farm Household Allowance or Special Benefit. It will depend on your circumstances.

To help more people, we’ve removed:

We’ve also temporarily removed the newly arrived residents waiting period and seasonal work preclusion period for:

We offer a free Financial Information Service (FIS) to help you make informed decisions about your finances. You can talk to a FIS Officer on the phone.

Next steps

Read more:

Page last updated: 6 July 2020