Pandemic Leave Payment if you live in Victoria
5 August 2020
The Australian Government announced support for Victorians who can't earn an income because they must self-isolate or quarantine at home or they are caring for someone with COVID-19.
The Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment replaces the Victorian Government’s $1500 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Worker Support payment.
You can claim it over the phone.
Who can get it
To get this payment, all of the following must apply:
- you’re at least 17 years old
- you live in Victoria
- you have no income from paid work, including sick leave entitlements.
In addition, the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services has told you to self-isolate or quarantine. They must have done this because of any of the following reasons:
- you have coronavirus (COVID-19)
- you’ve been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years and under, who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years and under, who’s been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19.
You may also be eligible if you’re caring for someone who has COVID-19.
If you have to self-isolate more than once, you can claim this payment each time.
You can get the full $1500 payment as long as you’re eligible for at least 1 day during the 14 day period.
Staying home because of Stage 4 restrictions doesn’t mean you’ll meet the eligibility for this payment. Read more about who can get it.
You can’t get this payment if, during your 14 day isolation period, you already get:
- any income, earnings or salary from paid work
- an income support payment, ABSTUDY Living Allowance, Paid Parental Leave or Dad and Partner Pay
- JobKeeper Payment
- the Victorian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Worker Support Payment.
How to claim
You can claim by calling us on 180 22 66, 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Please don’t visit a service centre.
Read more about the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
The Australian Government announced support for Tasmanians who can't earn an income. This is because they must self-isolate or quarantine at home or they are caring for someone with COVID-19.
The Australian Government announced support if you live in Western Australia or New South Wales and can't earn an income.
Page last updated: 26 August 2020
This information was printed 18 September 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/pandemic-leave-payment-if-you-live-victoria. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.