Older Australians self service options
15 April 2021
Don’t join the queue in a service centre. Use a self service option from your home instead.
There are a few self service options to choose from. You can choose the option that suits you best. If you:
- have a computer, use myGov to access your Centrelink online account
- have a mobile phone, use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- don’t like using computers, use phone self service
- need to talk to someone in your language, call the Multilingual phone service.
If you’re not sure which option you should use, ask for some help. Your friends, neighbours and family members may already be using them.
You can also call us on the Older Australians line and we can help explain your options.
What you can do from your home
You can do so many things with us without leaving your home. Use a self service option to:
- prove your identity
- upload documents
- tell us about a change in your circumstances
- check the progress of a claim
- set up and manage a nominee arrangement
- check current scam alerts.
If you need help, use our step by step guides.
Read more News for older Australians.
Connect with us onSeniors Update Facebook.
Watch the videos in the Information for older Australians playlist on the Services Australia YouTube channel.
Check out the online safety information on the Australian Government’s Be Connected website.
Page last updated: 15 April 2021
This information was printed 3 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/older-australians-self-service-options. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.