Mutual obligations restart in the Community Development Program
14 October 2020
If you’re in the Community Development Program (CDP), you must meet your mutual obligation requirements from 19 October 2020.
This means you’ll need to do all of these:
- go to appointments with your CDP provider by phone, online or in person
- take part in your agreed acitivity, if it’s safe to do so
- agree to or update your Job Plan to get access to services like preparing a resume and training
- show you’re actively looking for work if that’s part of your Job Plan.
You also need to do all of these:
- report your income every 2 weeks, even if it’s $0
- go to job interviews
- accept suitable job offers
- have a good reason for leaving a job.
If you can’t go to an appointment or do an activity, you need to talk to your CDP provider. You should do this before your appointment or activity is due to start.
Your provider will talk with you about any penalties that may apply if you don’t do these things.
You can read about the CDP on the National Indigenous Australians Agency website.
Page last updated: 15 October 2020
This information was printed 1 December 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/mutual-obligations-restart-community-development-program. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.