More mental health help if you’re affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
25 August 2020
If you’re impacted by the pandemic, you may be able to get 10 extra Medicare covered mental health sessions.
Who can get them
To get the 10 extra sessions, you must have:
- a mental health treatment plan
- used all the existing 10 sessions covered by us in your plan
- spoken to your GP about accessing the extra sessions.
You also need to be subject to a public health order that either:
- restricts your movement in your state or territory, issued between 1 July 2020 and 31 March 2021
- requires you to self isolate or quarantine.
How to get them
If you meet these conditions, ask your GP if you can get the extra sessions.
Where to get more information
Read more about:
- mental health care costs covered by Medicare
- the different types of mental health professionals on the healthdirect website
- payments and services during coronavirus (COVID-19).
We’ve changed some eligibility and waiting periods to make it easier for you to claim payments from us.
Your FTB may be impacted if your family income changes or you have a child 16 or older who doesn’t meet their study requirements.
Page last updated: 25 August 2020
This information was printed 18 September 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/more-mental-health-help-if-youre-affected-coronavirus-covid-19. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.