Have you moved house? Don't forget to let us know
1 April 2021
If you get a student payment, you need to tell us your new address within 14 days.
Moving closer to uni? Joining a new share house?
If you’re getting a student payment from us, we need to know when your home situation changes. This includes if:
- you change your address or contact details
- you move back to your parents' or guardians’ home
- you change the parent you’re living with
- you start living with your partner
- you move into or out of long term care, like a nursing home or hostel
- you’re in lawful custody.
If you get Rent Assistance, you must also tell us if any of these things happen. You:
- stop paying rent, or the amount of rent you pay changes
- start or stop sharing accommodation
- start paying rent to a state, territory or Commonwealth Housing Authority
- move in with your parent or guardian.
It’s important you tell us about any of these changes within 14 days. If you don’t tell us, it may affect your payment. You may need to pay back money we’ve paid you.
Read more news for students and trainees.
Page last updated: 1 April 2021
This information was printed 15 April 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/have-you-moved-house-dont-forget-let-us-know. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.