Energy rebates for eligible Queensland residents
17 December 2020
If you’ve got a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, the Queensland Government may give you an energy rebate.
To get a $340.85 rebate on your energy bill, you must live in Queensland, be the electricity account holder and live alone or only with certain people. You must also have either of these:
You aren’t eligible to get the electricity rebate if you have either of these:
- Foster Child Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card.
You may be able to get the electricity rebate if you have either of these:
- Low Income Health Care Card
- Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card.
You’ll usually have a Health Care Card if you get any of the following payments:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- Carer Allowance if you care for a child under 16
- Carer Payment for short term care under 6 months
- Family Tax Benefit Part A at the maximum rate
- Farm Household Allowance
- JobSeeker Payment
- Mobility Allowance if you don’t get Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment partnered
- Partner Allowance
- Special Benefit
- Widow Allowance
- Youth Allowance.
You’ll have a Pensioner Concession Card if you get any of the following payments:
- Age Pension
- Carer Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- JobSeeker Payment or Youth Allowance and are single, caring for a dependent child and looking for work
- Parenting Payment single.
Visit the Queensland Government website to find out if you’re eligible and how to apply.
Page last updated: 23 December 2020
This information was printed 31 December 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/energy-rebates-eligible-queensland-residents. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.