Do you need Assistance for Isolated Children next year?

13 October 2021

We’re asking all families getting the assistance to let us know their family and their child’s circumstances for 2022.

If you get a payment under the Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme, you may have got a letter from us. We ask each year what changes are coming up for your child to make sure we pay you correctly.

We ask you to complete a review form if you get any of the following:

  • Boarding Allowance
  • Distance Education Allowance
  • Second Home Allowance
  • Assistance for Isolated Children Pensioner Education Supplement.

We ask where your child will be studying next year and about other changes to your circumstances, such as:

  • your child’s boarding fee
  • your living arrangements
  • your and your partner’s income
  • your bank details or address.

If you need to give us supporting documents, make sure you submit them with your review.

You need to return the review within 28 days of the date on the letter or your payments may stop.

Send us your signed form using myGov or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app. Or you can mail your form back.

Next steps

Find out how to claim Assistance for Isolated Children if you haven’t claimed before.

Page last updated: 13 October 2021