Bushfire disaster assistance is closing soon
7 July 2020
If the bushfires affected you, there’s still time to claim.
If you have been impacted by a bushfire, you may be eligible to claim a disaster payment from us. Depending on your situation you may be eligible for:
- Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
- Disaster Recovery Allowance.
Closing dates are different for each event, but you don’t have long. For Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment, claim before:
- 16 July 2020 for the South Australia, Queensland and Tasmania bushfires
- 4 August 2020 for the New South Wales, Eastern Queensland and Victoria bushfires.
For Disaster Recovery Allowance, claim before:
- 10 July for the Tasmania bushfires
- 4 August for the New South Wales, Eastern Queensland and Victoria bushfires
- 12 August for the South Australia and ACT bushfires.
The quickest way to claim is to call 180 22 66.
There’s extra mental health support if you’re affected by the bushfires. You can get support if either:
- you or your family need it
- you’re an emergency management worker or volunteer.
You don’t need to have a referral or a mental health plan to access these services.
You can contact a social worker by calling us. Call the same number you use to call Centrelink and ask to speak with one.
Learn more about eligibility and how to claim for the following bushfires:
- NSW Bushfires – September 2019
- Queensland – September 2019
- Eastern Queensland – November 2019
- South Australia – November 2019
- ACT Bushfires – December 2019
- Tasmanian Bushfires – December 2019
- Victorian Bushfires - December 2019.
Read more news for Individuals.
There are some things you need to know about how the Coronavirus has affected overseas travel.
It’s easy to do most of your business with us online or over the phone during this time.
Page last updated: 7 July 2020
This information was printed 28 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/bushfire-disaster-assistance-closing-soon. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.