Are you in Victoria and still need COVID-19 Disaster Payment?
13 September 2021
If you’ve come out of a lockdown in Victoria, you may no longer be eligible for COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
If you’re in Victoria and getting COVID-19 Disaster Payment, your payments may stop after 10 September 2021 if both of the following apply:
- you live or work in an area that no longer has movement restrictions in place
- you live or work in an area that’s no longer a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot.
You can make another claim for COVID-19 Disaster Payment from 17 September 2021 if all of these apply:
- you live or work in any area of Victoria including Ballarat
- you were unable to earn your usual income of 8 hours or more, or a full day’s work, because of the restricted movement order
- you meet any other eligibility rules.
Check your eligibility for this payment:
If you live in Victoria, but work in New South Wales, read about support for New South Wales.
You don’t have to get a payment from us to get help. We have other support available if you need it.
Page last updated: 17 September 2021
This information was printed 13 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/are-you-victoria-and-still-need-covid-19-disaster-payment. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.