Annual payments for carers start July 5
1 June 2021
From 5 July, we’ll pay eligible carers the Carer Supplement. They may also get the Child Disability Assistance Payment.
If you get an eligible payment for 1 July 2021, we’ll pay you:
- Carer Supplement of up to $600 for each eligible person in your care
- Child Disability Assistance Payment of up to $1,000 for each eligible child younger than 16 in your care.
You don’t need to do anything to get either of these payments. If you’re eligible, we’ll pay them into your bank account between 5 and 31 July 2021.
If you don’t get the payments by 31 July 2021 and think you’re eligible, follow these steps:
- Go to myGov and sign in to access your Centrelink online account.
- Go to ‘Payments and claims’ then ‘Manage payments’ then ‘My payments’. Check to see if we’ve issued the payment to you.
- Check the bank account details you registered with us are correct.
- Call the Carers line if the payment isn’t showing.
Read more about payments for carers.
Subscribe to News for Carers.
Page last updated: 25 June 2021
This information was printed 6 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/annual-payments-carers-start-july-5. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.