Annual payments for carers
24 June 2020
From 3 July 2020, we’ll pay eligible carers the Carer Supplement. Carers may also get the Child Disability Assistance Payment.
If you’re getting an eligible payment for 1 July 2020 we’ll pay you:
- Carer Supplement of up to $600 for each eligible person in your care
- Child Disability Assistance Payment of up to $1,000 for each eligible child under 16 in your care.
You don’t need to do anything. If you’re eligible, we’ll pay these into your bank account between 3 and 31 July 2020.
If you don’t get the payments by 31 July 2020 and think you’re eligible, follow these steps:
- Go to myGov and sign in to access your Centrelink online account.
- Go to ‘My payments’ and check to see if we’ve issued the payment to you.
- Check the bank account details you registered with us are correct.
- Call the Carers line if the payment isn't showing.
Read more about payments for carers.
Subscribe to News for Carers.
We’ll pay the second $750 Economic Support Payment to eligible people in July.
From 1 July 2020, Australians over 70 and Indigenous Australians over 50 may get a free pneumococcal vaccine.
Page last updated: 24 June 2020
This information was printed 1 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/annual-payments-carers. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.