Steps to claim New Zealand Disaster Recovery Payment
2. Link Centrelink to your myGov account
You’ll need to link Centrelink to your myGov account. How you do this will depend on if you’ve claimed a payment from us before.
If you’ve claimed a payment before
If you’ve claimed a payment before, you can use your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) to link Centrelink to myGov. You’ll also need to answer some personal questions.
If you don’t know your CRN or can’t answer the personal questions using your CRN, select I need a CRN. You’ll need to prove your identity online, using myGov. Follow the same instructions for ‘If you haven’t claimed a payment before’.
If you haven't claimed a payment before
You’ll need to enter some personal information and details from 2 acceptable identity documents and your Medicare card. Once you prove your identity, we’ll link Centrelink to your myGov account.
3. Make your claim
Follow these steps to make your claim:
- Sign in to myGov and select Centrelink in your linked services.
- Select Make a claim or View claim status.
- Select Make a claim.
- Scroll to Help in an emergency and select Get started.
- Select Apply for a Disaster Recovery Payment.
- Select Begin.
- Answer the eligibility and claim questions.
- Submit your claim.
When you’re ready:
If you need help, you can call the Emergency information line.