If you’ve already claimed ABSTUDY, you don’t need to claim for this separately. We’ll assess you for School Fees Allowance at the same time.
If you haven’t claimed yet, there are 2 ways to claim School Fees Allowance at home rate. You can either:
To get School Fees Allowance for the year, you must apply by 31 December of that year.
Steps to claim ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance
1. Get your documents ready to claim
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.
2. Make your claim
To submit your claim form, follow these steps:
- Check you’ve answered all questions.
- Sign and date the claim form.
- Attach any supporting documents.
- Submit your claim to us.
You can submit your claim form in 1 of the following ways:
- online by uploading your documents online
- by post to:
Reply Paid 7804
Canberra BC ACT 2610
- in person at a service centre.
We encourage you not to come to a service centre during this time.
3. Wait for the result of your claim
We'll let you know the following:
- if we accept your claim
- when you’ll get your first payment
- how much you’ll get.
If we need more details we’ll contact you.
You can ask us to review our decision if you think we’ve made a mistake.