How to apply to exit

Complete the following steps to apply to exit the Cashless Debit Card.

Changes to the Cashless Debit Card

The Australian Government has announced plans to end the Cashless Debit Card program. From 1 August 2022 no new or voluntary participants are being accepted to this program. We’ll update our website with more information soon.

Steps to apply to exit the Cashless Debit Card

1. Get ready to apply

The easiest way to submit your application is online.

To do this, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.

2. Get your documents ready to apply

We'll ask you for some supporting documents when you apply. They’ll help you answer some of the questions in the application. You may also need to give them to us.

3. Make your application

You need to complete the Cashless Debit Card exit application form and give us any documents we ask you for. We’ve listed them under the supporting documents section on the form.

Upload the form and supporting documents using your mobile device or computer. Our online guide shows you how to upload your Centrelink documents online.

If you can’t apply online, you can post your application to:

Services Australia
Reply Paid 7800
Canberra BC ACT 2610.

Or you can submit it, in person, at a service centre.

4. Wait for the results

We’ll let you know the result of your application. We’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox.

If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send you a letter in the mail.

If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.

You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 12 March 2022