Getting PKI certificates to access the HI Service and My Health Record system

How to get Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates to access the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service and My Health Record system.

Before you get a PKI certificate for your organisation, you need to:

  • talk to your software provider about the type of certificate you need
  • read the PKI policy documents.

To access patients’ healthcare identifiers, your organisation needs a Human Services or PBS PKI site certificate.

To access patients’ My Health Records, you need a National Authentication Services for Health (NASH) PKI organisation certificate.

You don’t need to request a new one if you already use one of these PKI site certificates.

You can request and link NASH or PKI certificates for your organisation in HPOS.

Page last updated: 4 May 2022.
QC 62491