After your baby is born or adopted you may be able to get financial support for the costs of child care.
If you have a low income, you may be able to get either or both:
You or your partner may be able to get Parental Leave Pay.
If your child has a disability
You may be eligible for these payments and services:
- Carer Allowance
- Carer Payment
- Child Disability Assistance Payment
- Essential Medical Equipment Payment
- Youth Disability Supplement.
We may also provide support with living costs such as:
- help with your rent if you get certain payments from us
- health care card to help with visits to the doctor
- telephone allowance to help with home phone and internet costs.
To find help for new parents in your area go to the Payment and Service Finder.