This means you can test yourself for COVID-19.
You don’t need to contact us to claim your free RATs. You can pick these up from a participating community pharmacy. Find out where to collect your free RAT from a local community pharmacy on the Pharmacy Guild of Australia website. Keep in mind, supply is subject to availability.
To get free RATs, you must hold one of these cards:
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Health Care Card
- Low Income Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold, White or Orange card.
You need to show either of the following at the pharmacy:
- your digital card in the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- your physical card.
This means you can use your digital copy if you’ve lost your physical card.
You can get a carer or guardian to pick up your RATs if you’re eligible but can’t get them yourself. They will need to show your card when they go to the pharmacy.
To protect others from COVID-19, only go to a pharmacy if you’re well.
You should go to your state or territory testing clinic if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are a close contact. They’ll test you for free.
You can read more about accessing free RATs on the Department of Health website.
If you’ve lost your card, find out how to:
- renew or replace your Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- replace a lost or stolen Health Care Card
- replace a lost or stolen Low Income Health Care Card
- replace a lost or stolen Pensioner Concession Card.
You can find out more about how to manage Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold, White or Orange cards on their website.
If you don’t have a card but think you might be eligible for one, read more about concession and health care cards.
Subscribe to news
RSS News feed
Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.