Since August last year, CPSOs have helped improve access to our payments and services for people in difficult circumstances – particularly those experiencing homelessness.
We now have CPSOs embedded in non-government organisations at 16 locations across the country.
Rosemary, one of our CPSO’s in Melbourne, has found the support she provides to be invaluable for most people.
‘Working alongside the non-government organisation full-time allows me to connect with people in a place where they feel comfortable to talk about their situation and their needs,’ said Rosemary.
‘Instead of having to come into a service centre, I can talk to them about payments and services available to them in a place where they already go for support.
‘The work we do is a collaborative effort between our agency and the NGO. We then work with other parts of our agency to improve our process for all customers. It builds from the work our other community outreach specialists are already doing.
‘The result for customers is not only improved access to government payments and services, but access to other community services, such as accommodation and legal aid.’
Watch the CPSO video to find out more about how we’re tailoring our service to meet the needs of our customer.
CPSOs are in the following partner NGOs:
- Core Community Services – Fairfield/Cabramatta, New South Wales
- The Rev Bill Crews Foundation – Ashfield, New South Wales (from phase 1)
- Wayside Chapel – Sydney CBD, New South Wales
- Wollongong Homeless Hub – Wollongong, New South Wales
- Father Bob Maguire Foundation – Albert Park, Victoria (from phase 1)
- The Salvation Army Project 614 – Melbourne CBD, Victoria (from phase 1)
- Wayss – Dandenong, Victoria
- 3rd Space – Brisbane CBD, Queensland
- Yfs – Logan, Queensland
- Caboolture Neighbourhood Centre – Caboolture, Queensland
- St Vincent de Paul Society Ozanam House – Darwin, Northern Territory (from phase 1)
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress Aboriginal Corporation – Alice Springs, Northern Territory
- Uniting WA – Tranby Engagement Hub – Perth CBD, Western Australia
- Hutt Street Centre – Adelaide CBD, South Australia
- The Early Morning Centre – Canberra CBD, Australian Capital Territory
- Hobart City Mission – Hobart CBD, Tasmania.