From 1 November 2022, you can claim Medicare benefits for eligible patients for the full range of MRI services if both these apply:
- you have a comprehensive practice
- your practice is in a Modified Monash (MM) 2-7 location.
There are no changes to eligibility requirements for MRI equipment located in MM 1 locations.
What you need to do
You’ll need to confirm you meet this eligibility, when listing your MRI equipment with us on the Application to register or amend a diagnostic imaging or radiology practice.
You can submit your application form either:
- online through HPOS
- by post using the address on the form.
You can no longer fax this form.
You don’t need to update your eligibility if both of these apply:
- your equipment was listed with us before 1 November
- your practice meets the criteria.
Find out more about:
- how to maintain your LSPN registration
- MM locations using the Health Workforce Locator on the Department of Health and Aged Care website
- form upload in HPOS.
Subscribe to news
RSS News feed
Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.