These changes are a result of the MBS Review Taskforce recommendations and extensive consultation with all key stakeholders.
- ensure services are clinically appropriate
- reflect modern clinical practice
- improve quality of care and safety for patients.
Summary of what’s changing:
- General surgery – 35 new items, 50 amended items and 73 deleted items
- Orthopaedic surgery – 168 new items, 280 amended items, 9 deleted items and 137 superseded items
- Cardiac surgery– 39 new items, 92 amended items and 59 deleted items.
More information is available at MBS Online:
- General surgery fact sheet
- Orthopaedic surgery fact sheet
- Modernising Cardiac surgical services fact sheet.
Subscribe to news
RSS News feed
Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.