Before leaving Australia, create your myGov account and link Centrelink to it

Published: 8 November 2023

If you get a payment from us, link your Centrelink online account to your myGov account when you’re in Australia to save you needing to do this while overseas.

You’ll be able to use your Centrelink online account or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app with a few restrictions when you’re overseas.

You’ll be able to:

  • update your address and contact details, including an overseas address
  • get electronic notifications
  • upload your documents.

You must continue to meet the eligibility rules to keep your payments or concession card while you’re outside Australia.

Read more about what you should do before you go.

Subscribe to news

If you haven't already, please subscribe to our News and we'll send you regular news highlights. You can also opt out at any time. Read more about our email news privacy policy.

Life events

RSS News feed

Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.

News for Ageing RSS feed

Page last updated: 8 November 2023.
QC 65476