If you’re a full time tertiary student or Australian Apprentice and are eligible for ABSTUDY, we have the following payments:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance, help with living costs while studying or training
- ABSTUDY Incidentals Allowance, help with the cost of starting or continuing study or training
- Additional Incidentals Allowance, help if you’re a tertiary, masters or doctorate student and have high essential course costs
- Additional Assistance, help if you get Living Allowance and have severe financial difficulties
- ABSTUDY Fares Allowance, help with travel costs between home and study location if you need to live away from home.
Depending on your circumstances, if you get ABSTUDY Living Allowance, you may also get other payments such as:
If you need to be away from home or your study location, you may get ABSTUDY Away from Base Assistance.
You may get more than one ABSTUDY payment at a time. Depending on your situation you may only have to apply once.
If you’re from an outer regional or remote area of Australia, you may be eligible for the Tertiary Access Payment. You don’t need to be getting an ABSTUDY payment to be eligible.
A fortnightly payment to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians with living costs while studying or training.
A payment to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians with the cost of starting or continuing study or training.
Helps with travel costs between your home and place of study if you get ABSTUDY and need to live away from home.